How to...DME/DDE Update

Antworten
dexter7385
Fahrzeug: 328i
Fahrzeugtyp: F30

How to...DME/DDE Update

Beitrag von dexter7385 »

Dear Alex,
as stated in the manual, In order to carry out a diagnosis on the vehicle or to be able to connect a tester to the OBD2-Port, the DataDisplay must be disabled/locked. In this mode, if I understand correctly, some CAS informations are locked as anti-theft purpose. It's right? Since I want to update my DME with Esys, I find that with the display in normal mode the ECU is not reached (ok, it's normal), but if I lock the display DME is reached by Esys for reading, but I'm not able to flash the ECU resulting in some errors related to the VIN number. Are they related to some block functions of the display? If yes, can I enter in a sort of sleep mode with remote comand by PC in order to make flash without disconnect the display from the car?

I hope the question is clear and I don't make mistake in understanding how the lock functions work. :roll:
AK-Motion
Administrator
Fahrzeug: 335xi N54
Fahrzeugtyp: E91
Re: How to...DME/DDE Update

Beitrag von AK-Motion »

Hello,

if the DataDisplay is in normal operation the OBD2 is blocked at F-Series.
You should not be able to connect to any ECU in the car.

If you lock the Display (press the Lock-Symbol), turn ignition off, lock the car once and leave the display locked everything will work.
The DataDisplay is like not connected to the car.
As soon as the DataDisplay is connected to the car it will automatically block the complete OBD2-Port at F-Series (no need for the option "OBD2 blocker" at F-Series).
That means, if you can connect to the DME with Esys everything is fine, the display is not connected and will not interrupt the diagnosis / flash.

Your problem seems to be not related to the DataDisplay.
Antworten